Combo Trip Special Offer
The best value Heli Skiing experience around...
Experience the best of both worlds....for £2,950 per person!
- 2.5 days of top notch resort based skiing at the incredible Kicking Horse resort in British Columbia
- Followed by 3 full days of the ultimate in skiing experiences; heli skiing in the CMH K2 Rotor Lodge
- Return home with a free pair of 2013/14 skis courtesy of K2!
Our Combo Trip trip allows you to explore the great skiing terrain on and off the piste in and around the resort of Kicking Horse, one of British Columbia's finest ski areas has to offer. Following this, you will be warmed-up and ready to ski your heart out with 3 full days of heli skiing at the CMH K2 Lodge with CMH, the original heli ski operator.
All of this for £2,950 per person (based on two people sharing) - which includes the following:
- 3 nights accommodation at Winston Lodge in Kicking Horse - Bed & Breakfast
- 3 day ski pass at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- 3 nights accommodation at CMH K2 Rotor Lodge in Nakusp - Full Board
- 3 days heli skiing at CMH Kootenay inclusive of 13,100 vertical metres of skiing, services of IFMGA certified CMH guides, use of skis / snowboards, use and training in avalanche transceiver, shovel & probe
- 1 night accommodation in Best Western Revelstoke - Bed & Breakfast
- Transport to/from Calgary via 4X4 rental car
- A free pair of 2013/14 K2 skis which will be delivered to you on your return
What isn't included:
- Flights to Calgary - contact us for best rates
- Insurance - see Trip Preparation for more details
- Additional heli skiing over and above your guaranteed vertical metres (costing C$115 per 1,000 metres)
- Extra expenses such as massages and alcoholic drinks
- Lunches and dinners whilst in Kicking Horse
- Ski rental whilst in Kicking Horse
Combo Trip Outline Itinerary
Day One - Arrival
Arriving into Calgary Airport, you will pick up your 4X4 and drive the 3.5 hours to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. You will be staying at the luxurious Winston Lodge for 3 nights - a rustic boutique lodge with a log-cabin mountain feel. Winston Lodge has 10 bedrooms, a spa and jacuzzi so settle into the Western-themed bar on arrival and soak up the atmosphere. Perfect for some après!
Days Two, Three & Four - Kicking Horse
Enjoy 2.5 days of skiing at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort where the off piste is plentiful and the views are spectacular. Famed for its powder descents, Kicking Horse is the place for off piste heaven. It is also the only North American resort with a European feel boasting superb mountain restaurants and ski in/ski out luxury. Evenings will be spent in Kicking Horse but as your hotel hosts the best apres ski bar in town you won't want to travel far. Your 3 day ski pass and hearty breakfasts are included in the trip cost.
On day four you will ski in the resort in the morning and then at lunchtime drive to the town of Nakusp to get ready for your heli skiing...
Days Five, Six & Seven - Heli Skiing at CMH K2 Rotor Lodge
After arriving at CMH K2 Rotor Lodge in Nakusp and completing your safety briefings and orintation you will be treated to 3 full days of heli skiing with CMH Heli Skiing - the most experienced heli ski operator in the world. Famed for its great variety of skiing, you are likely to find some of the best tree skiing on the planet in the heart of British Columbia. The region boasts the driest, lightest champagne powder and you can expect 10-12 drops per day on average skiing in a group of 10 guests led by your CMH guide.
At the end of each ski day your trusty ski lift (the powerful twin jet Bell 212 helicopter) will drop you off at the local hot springs where you can kick back, rest your muscles and enjoy a cool beer with your fellow heli skiers.
Then it's back to the lodge to relax around the open fire, swap stories from the day and enjoy a hearty dinner with the guides and other heli skiers.
Day Seven & Eight - Homebound via Revelstoke
After a full day of heli skiing on your third and final day, you will have a 2 hour drive to Revelstoke for your final evening at the Revelstoke Best Western.
If your ski legs are still going on your final morning, you can drive 10 minutes to Revelstoke Mountain Resort to see the longest vertical in North America. But if this seems an anti-climax after heli skiing instead enjoy a superb breakfast followed by a swim in the Best Western's pool. You then will have a 5 hour drive back to Calgary in time for your evening flight landing back in London the next morning.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort can arrange specific heli ski preparation with local mountain guides to prepare you for the heli skiing segment of your trip. Their experienced guides will show you how to save your legs in powder, incorporating gear and instruction methods to make powder skiing easy and enjoyable. Complemented with basic backcountry safety education you'll be ready for your heli skiing in no time. Rates start from C$183 per day for a 3 day course inclusive of lift line priority, lunch and video analysis.