Interested in off piste skiing adventures high up in the French and Swiss Alps? If a powdery trek going up, down and around mountains is appealing to you, why not try your hand at the Haute Route. Not for the Après Skiers, the Haute Route is the century old pass that connects the two renowned resorts of Chamonix and Zermatt. With a guide, you spend six days off piste with five nights ‘on the road’, staying in rustic mountain cabins perched amongst the peaks.
Pure Powder has created a trip to help you get the most out of the experience, including arranging transport to and from Geneva Airport, accommodation on either end of the trip and setting you up with a guide, Matthieu Desprat. Matthieu is a fully certified IFGMA mountain guide who has nearly 20 years of guiding experience under his belt, and knows the Haute Route like the back of his hand.
To begin with, you will be picked up from Geneva Airport and driven up to Chamonix, where we recommend a stay at the 3* Hotel Faucigny. We’ll have you kitted out with all the necessary touring gear before a warm-up day, skiing the excellent slopes of Chamonix.
As part of this snow-tastic expidition, you can expect…
* Long ascents on skins to some of the most walked yet empty and tourist-free peaks in the Alps
* Equally long descents through virtually untouched powder on similarly empty slopes
* Gorgeous rustic, alpine cabins and huts in impossibly high places
* Scrumptious meals, many with multiple courses, in all the cabins along the way
* Spectacular views from every climb, peak, run down and window